Actor Shah Rukh Khan has not signed any new film after the debacle of his last release, Zero. However, every now and then, rumours do the rounds. The actor took to Twitter on Sunday to set matters straight — he has not signed any film, after it was reported that he had signed a film with Ali Abbas Zafar.
On Twitter, Shah Rukh wrote: “It’s always nice to know that in my absence & behind my back , I have surreptitiously signed so many films that even I am not aware of!! Boys & girls I do a film when I say I am doing it….otherwise it’s just post truth.” Shah Rukh tweeted after unconfirmed reports had claimed that he had reportedly signed two movies scheduled to begin filming next year, of which, one film would be an action flick directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and would feature Katrina Kaif.
It’s always nice to know that in my absence & behind my back , I have surreptitiously signed so many films that even I am not aware of!! Boys & girls I do a film when I say I am doing it….otherwise it’s just post truth.
— Shah Rukh Khan (@iamsrk) September 8, 2019
Zero, which also starred Anushka Sharma and Katrina, proved to be a dud at the box office. Speaking about Zero, on the sidelines of the 10th edition of Indian film festival of Melbourne (IFFM), earlier this year, the actor had said he decided to take a break and has been travelling and discovering new stories. “I just finished the last film I made and to put it lightly it was a disaster. I said to myself that let me enjoy a little bit of un-success as I had success for so long. So I have taken some time off for next four or five months. As a matter of fact I’m on these breaks, coming here (Melbourne) and meeting people, realising and discovering new stories, doing intellectual speaking.”
While on a break, he believes that he “still has a lot of capacity to create some really good cinema”. “What drives me to do a film is I think the people around me who make such a great cinema… And I think I have a huge amount of capacity to do some really good cinema. I have 20-25 years of good cinema left in me.”
As part of one of these “breaks” Shah Rukh took of for a vacation to Maldives with his kids, Aryan, Suhana and AbRam in July this year. He shared a video on their way back home. Sharing a video from their yatch, he wrote: “Feeling bad having to leave Maldives and especially all the wonderful people at #JumeirahVittaveli. Thank u for a lovely holiday @jumeirahvittaveli will miss u all.”
(With inputs from agencies)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
- Shah Rukh Khan on Zero: ‘My last film was a disaster; I have decided to enjoy some un-success’
- Kaamyaab: Sanjay Mishra Outlines The Importance Of Shah Rukh Khan Backing Up The Film
- Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan And Dilip Kumar's Similar Journey As Bollywood's Biggest Stars
- When Shah Rukh Khan told Kajol that she needs to learn how to act
- Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjay Mishra’s warm hug is the highlight of Kaamyaab screening, see all pics
- Sanjay Mishra: Shah Rukh Khan lives in people's hearts
- Shah Rukh Khan says being a father is his ‘greatest source of pride’, shares sketch made by AbRam
- Kareena Kapoor denies signing Rajkumar Hirani’s next with Shah Rukh Khan: ‘Nothing happening at the moment’
- Shah Rukh Khan greets legions of fans outside Mannat on Eid, wishes ‘peace, patience, prosperity’ to all. See pics
- Zero movie review: Shah Rukh Khan blasts off into a very strange space
- Jackie Chan, Jason Momoa & Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan Among Speakers At Saudi Arabia’s Joy Entertainment Forum
- Gauri Khan has a second career option suggestion for Shah Rukh Khan
- Shah Rukh Khan, Arjun Kapoor, And Rajkummar Rao Make Dapper Entry At Kaamyaab Screening
- Shah Rukh Khan, Gauri Khan look every bit the perfect king and queen in new pic of a ‘perfect moment’ from ad shoot
- Gauri Khan’s dig at Shah Rukh Khan: ‘He is not doing a film, will ask him to keep designing as second option’
- Gauri Khan Thinks Her Husband Shah Rukh Khan Will Take To Designing Some Day
- Karan Johar is an awkward ‘background dancer’ to Shah Rukh Khan in priceless throwback photo
- US President Donald Trump mentions 'DDLJ' in speech; netizens say ‘Shah Rukh Khan jaisa koi nahi’
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Reacts To Working With Shah Rukh Khan In Rajkumar Hirani's Next!
- Kajol denies working with Shah Rukh Khan in his next film
Shah Rukh Khan hasn’t signed any films, clarifies ‘I do a film when I say I am doing it, otherwise it’s just post truth’ have 861 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at September 8, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.