By Jeanette Settembre Published September 12, 2019 Food and Beverage FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print video Who will win the plant-based fast-food war? Morningstar Consumer equity strategist RJ Hottovy and A.T. Kearney partner Greg Portell discussed Beyond Meat and the popularity of the meat alternative at fast-food restaurants. Just Salad is tossing beef. Continue Reading Below The national chain announced Thursday it will no longer serve steak on its menu in favor of a plant-based beef alternative from Beyond Meat. The New York-based restaurant will serve up Beyond Beef Meatballs at all of its nearly 40 locations permanently. The meatless meatballs will replace its grilled steak topping in its Keto Zoodle Bowl. The Beyond Meatballs will also be available for customers to add on to salads for $4.99 (for three), around 10 cents more than its Smokehouse Steak topping. Just Salad is removing steak from menus, adding Beyond Meat. (Just Salad). “We see that plant-based is really the future,” Janani Lee, Just Salad’s chief sustainability officer, told FOX Business Thursday. “It’s something our guests are looking for.” Just Salad is the latest chain to join the plant-based movement, following the likes of Burger King, White Castle, KFC, Del Taco and more. Advertisement… Read full this story
- 7 Hot Salad Chains That Are Raising The Bar For Lunch
- We tried 2 hugely popular coastal salad chains that are being fuelled by millions in VC money -- and the winner is unmistakable
- This California Salad Chain Is Bringing Its Cheap Local Food To New York City
- UK supermarket chain ditches palm oil. Who's next?
- What Is Vegetarian Chicken? KFC To Test Meat-Free Menu In UK
- Snappy Salads to open downtown location
- Chipotle Says No To Fake Meat
- Healthy food chain set to open latest NI branch
- WeWork chokes on an opportunity to push its meat-free agenda
Salad chain ditches steak for Beyond Meat have 305 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.