Republicans and Democrats on Wednesday castigated President Donald Trump’s nominee to the powerful Second Circuit Court of Appeals for dodging their questions as well as his prior controversial writings. Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) in particular chided Steven Menashi for not being more forthcoming during his confirmation hearing after the nominee wouldn’t provide specifics on how or if he helped shape Trump’s immigration policy. Menashi is currently associate counsel to the president.Story Continued Below In the weeks leading up to his confirmation hearing, liberal judicial groups railed against Menashi for his earlier writings, highlighting his comments on “ethnonationalism.” Graham criticized Menashi for his editorial in the New York Sun on trial lawyers that the senator said suggested that such lawyers took advantage of the public. “You said something about trial lawyers that I particularly don’t like,” said Graham, who asked Menashi if he had ever represented a client in court. Graham cited his own experience as a plaintiff’s lawyer and said that he “didn’t have time to do frivolous lawsuits.” Menashi responded that the editorial was written before he went to law school and “should not be seen as representative of [his] views as an attorney.” Graham further questioned… Read full this story
- Trump judicial nominee refuses to express support for landmark desegregation ruling
- Koch brothers total joke in Republican circles, says Trump
- Most Republicans, Democrats Believe US Media Knowingly Report Fake News
- Democrats sue Trump campaign, Russia and WikiLeaks over election 'conspiracy'
- Top US Senate Democrat Says Trump Should Avoid New Meeting With Putin
- White House abruptly withdraws controversial judicial nominee minutes before Senate vote
- Republicans mull curbing Trump after Putin summit
- US Republicans fume over Trump's steel tariffs on allies
- Democrats Slam Trump Tweets on Potential Syria Strikes, US Security Matters
- Democrats to Trump: Stop tweeting about possible Syria strikes
Republicans and Democrats hammer Trump's judicial nominee have 314 words, post on www.politico.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.