FILE – In this Sept. 14, 2019 file photo, U.S. Rep. Joe Kennedy III, speaks on a panel on race and politics at the Massachusetts Democratic Convention in Springfield, Mass. Kennedy plans to announce on Saturday, Sept. 21, that he will challenge U.S. Sen. Edward Markey, D-Mass., in the 2020 Democratic primary. – Photo by AP/Jessica Hill BOSTON — U.S. Rep. Joe Kennedy III formally declared his candidacy for the U.S. Senate on Saturday, becoming the first member of the Kennedy political dynasty to bid for the upper chamber of Congress since Edward M. Kennedy in 1962. The Massachusetts Democrat formally announced his campaign in an email before a kickoff event in East Boston, where the Kennedy clan first settled after arriving from Ireland well over a century ago. “I’m running because our country is at a moment of truth,” Kennedy told supporters in the email. “Donald Trump has forced a long overdue reckoning in America. And how we respond will say everything about who we are.” Joe Kennedy is a grandson of Robert F. Kennedy, who was attorney general in his own brother John F. Kennedy’s White House and was a senator running for the Democratic presidential nomination when… Read full this story
- Rep. Joe Kennedy III: Arming teachers to make schools safer is "absurd"
- Joe Kennedy III on his legacy and future
- Transcript: Rep. Joe Crowley on "Face the Nation," July 15, 2018
- Rep. Joe Crowley says stunning loss to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez "is on me"
- Trump's remarks disputing Russian meddling reverberates along Senate campaign trails nationwide
- Trump gets chance to reshape Supreme Court as Kennedy retires
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Anthony Kennedy retires -- live updates
- Justice Kennedy’s Legacy Is the Dignity He Bestowed
- Colm Hayes and Lucy Kennedy to host new breakfast radio show
- Joe Wicks makes adorable announcement that girlfriend Rosie Jones is pregnant
Rep. Joe Kennedy formally announces U.S. Senate campaign have 312 words, post on www.arkansasonline.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.