PUBLISHED: 13:44 20 September 2019 | UPDATED: 13:44 20 September 2019 Greta Levy The high street pub underwent a major refurbishment at the beginning of the year. Picture: Archant Archant A high street pub which underwent a major refurbishment will change hands just months after new publicans took over. Accoridng to Punch Taverns, the pub has been opening “sporadically”. Picture: ContributedThe Old Blue Anchor on High Street, in Lowestoft has been trading “sporadically” despite reopening at the beginning of this year.On the front door of the pub, a hand-written sign read: “Closed. Feel free to use our sister pub the Globe Freehouse.” Following a £50,000 investment from Punch Taverns, the pub was given a “new lease of life” with a new outdoors drinking area, major internal decorations and new toilets.Former publicans, David Taylor and Lisa Doughty were looking for their own investment opportunity and hoped to “drive the pub forward in the community”.New landlords David Taylor and Lisa Doughty at The Old Blue Anchor pub in Lowestoft. Picture: Mark BoggisAt the time, Punch Taverns described the investment as “a big decision” but once it was agreed at in December last year, the pair were quickly appointed as the new tenants…. Read full this story
- World Changing Ideas Awards 2020: Impact Investing Finalists and Honorable Mentions
- Four-month public investment disbursement grows 12.9 percent
- Dollar changes hands around 107.28 yen level in early trade in Tokyo
- Pele named Lionel Messi as greatest player on planet just months before siding with arch-rival Cristiano Ronaldo
- Christopher Maloney splits from fiancé of 10 years just months before wedding
- NHS doctor and dad-of-six dies of coronavirus 'just months after moving to UK'
- Victoria Beckham employee ‘could barely open her handbag’ after suffering ‘life-changing’ hand injuries working for star
- Falling in Reverse rocker Derek Jones dead at 35 just months after fiancée’s cancer death
- JANET STREET-PORTER: If a female Prime Minister had just had her sixth (or seventh) child by a third father, just months after getting divorced and in the middle of a massive crisis, would we all be putting the flags out?
- NHS key worker dies from coronavirus just months after qualifying as a nurse
Pub changes hands just months after £50,000 investment have 356 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at September 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.