PUBLISHED: 17:20 09 September 2019 Lily Newton-Browne A protest against Bristol Airport on Thursday. Pete Brownlee Campaigners fought against Bristol Airport’s expansion through a protest. A protest was held outside Bristol Airport on Thursday.Picture: Bill RobertsMore than 50 people took to the streets in opposition against the idea to increase the size of the terminal, improve road access and create more parking spaces.If North Somerset Council approves the plans, the maximum number of passengers which pass through Bristol Airport’s doors will rise to 12 million per year by 2025.Campaign leader, Bill Roberts, said: “The airport expansion would be terrible in terms of carbon emissions, traffic gridlock, noise and pollution.”Expansion relies on the belief that we can keep taking more and more from earth and act oblivious to the consequences, which are seen every week around the world in forest fires, heat waves and melting glaciers.”A protest was held outside Bristol Airport on Thursday.Picture: Mary CollettFor more informations about the plans, search for 18/P/5118/OUT on North Somerset’s planning portal.A protest against Bristol Airport on Thursday.Ben Moss scales Bristol Airport’s monument on Thursday.
- Yellow vest protests land at Paris airport in 25th week
- Fresh rally against French airport plans
- Bristol airport blames cyber attack for taking departure boards offline for two days
- Bristol Airport and AirBaltic win global OTP battle
- Sudanese protesters rally to condemn June crackdown
- Honeywell lights way for Singapore Airport expansion
- Cavotec wins twin deals for Shanghai and Guangzhou airports’ expansion
- Green light for Munich airport expansion
- ‘Stop taking the children!’: Protesters rally over family separation at ICE San Francisco office
- Cavotec to deliver fuel hydrant pits for Mumbai International Airport expansion
Protesters rally in opposition to Bristol Airport expansion have 284 words, post on www.thewestonmercury.co.uk at September 9, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.