Monday September 16, 2019 02:45 AM North Korea-themed restaurant in Seoul removes Kim portrait and flag image as police look into whether owner violated security law Written by The Associated Press SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — You can sell North Korean food in South Korea. But you’ll get into trouble if you decorate your restaurant with something deemed praising North Korea. Authorities say the owner of a Seoul restaurant under construction removed signs with the portrait of North Korean leaders and the image of a North Korean flag from the restaurant’s exterior wall on Monday. The restaurant had been criticized over the weekend after local media published those signs. Police say they are looking at a possibility that the owner violated South Korea’s security law that punish an act of praising North Korea with up to seven years in prison. Police quoted the owner as saying such a North Korea-themed exterior decoration would draw more attention and help him make more profits. Share this article
- North Korea's Kim inspects flood relief; worry grows about crops
- North Korea brings aid supplies to border town under lockdown: state media
- Fecal Protection: Kim Jong-un Relies on 'Exclusive Toilets', Media Claim & Explain Why
- Pint-sized rapper ZaZa, five, wants to go into studio with North West, six... after Kim Kardashian admits daughter did an uncredited 'remix' of her beat
- Kanye West tweets cute video of him dancing with daughter North. Watch
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West jet into Miami after holiday 'which saved marriage'
- Republicans Dan Bishop, Greg Murphy Win North Carolina Special Elections
- 5.1-magnitude quake hits North Carolina, causes minor damage
- S.Korean doctors strike over plan to boost medical student numbers
- Foreign investors buy S.Korean stocks in 6 months
North Korean-themed restaurant in Seoul removes Kim images have 289 words, post on www.readingeagle.com at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.