By CNN.com Wire ServicePUBLISHED: September 11, 2019 at 6:28 am | UPDATED: September 11, 2019 at 6:57 am By Amy Woodyatt, CNN (CNN) — Apple unveiled its new iPhone models on Tuesday — but while some tech fans applauded the new phones’ design and specifications and others weighed in on their pricing, another feature has caught the eye of trypophobia sufferers everywhere. The Pro and Pro Max phones feature three camera lenses. And while the design is likely to appeal to photography fans, some social media users say it is triggering their trypophobia — an intense, irrational fear of small holes and clusters of circles and bumps, such as those in a honeycomb, lotus flower or bubble bath. Research into trypophobia is limited. Geoff Cole, a visual scientist at the University of Essex in the UK, told CNN that while it might seem “a little bit odd” for people to feel uncomfortable at the sight of holes clustered together, for people with trypophobia, the images can cause a range of reactions, with varying levels of severity.According to research from the University of Essex, “the phobia arises in part because the inducing stimuli share basic visual characteristics with those of dangerous… Read full this story
- Comments for : New iPhone 7 leak confirms fears: no headphone jack
- New iPhone 7 leak confirms fears: no headphone jack
- New iPhone (iPhone 5,1) coming fall 2012 with LTE, similar sized screen
- The New iPhone: Size, Screen + New Connector (Plus iPod touch)
- Facial recognition in the new iPhone would make huge waves
- How to setup your new iPhone 4S
- Top 10 tips and tricks for new iPhone and iPad users
- Top 10 best apps for new iPhone users
- Buying a new iPhone 8 soon? Here are the essential tips you need to know
- Is this the new iPhone Xi?
New iPhone disturbs people with trypophobia, fear of small holes have 292 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.