By George Kelly | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: September 11, 2019 at 4:21 pm | UPDATED: September 11, 2019 at 4:41 pm OAKLAND — An unspecified major medical emergency has closed BART’s Bay Fair station, authorities said Wednesday. The emergency began just before 4 p.m., and officials closed the station minutes later, according to BART statements. A preliminary update said that a person was accidentally struck by a train but was still alive and being taken to an area hospital for treatment, BART spokesman Chris Filippi said. Trains are single-tracking through the station but not stopping, and riders were seeing delays of at least 10 minutes in the Fremont-Warm Springs, Dublin-Pleasanton, Richmond and Millbrae directions, Filippi said.Parallel mutual-aid bus service is available via AC Transit Nos. 97 and 10 buses between Hayward and San Leandro. Check back for updates. Bay Fair station is currently closed due to medical emergency. We are gathering further information on the station closure and will update accordingly. https://t.co/chWmJbPRpU — SFBART (@SFBART) September 11, 2019 There is a station closure and trains are not stopping at Bay Fair station due to a major medical emergency. Parallel bus service is available via A/C Transit… Read full this story
- Man dies after having medical emergency, crashing vehicle in St. Paul
- Air ambulance called to medical emergency at Ipswich retail park
- Indians place 1B Yonder Alonso on medical emergency list
- Barnsley game postponed after medical emergency
- Tucson Murder Suspect Fugitive Faked A Medical Emergency
- Final implosions of old Bay Bridge piers set for Saturday
- Oakland residents react to 'baby earthquake' that jolted East Bay
- BART to San Jose delayed again, parts mistake puts Berryessa service at end of 2019
- CA BART EMP NSFJ (Not Safe for Jettas)?
- Jim Taylor, Hall of Fame Fullback for the Green Bay Packers, Dies at 83
Medical emergency closes Bay Fair BART station have 300 words, post on www.eastbaytimes.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.