Jurgen Klopp has warned Liverpool that retaining the Champions League will be even harder than their incredible march to victory in Madrid last season. Liverpool are aiming to defend their Champions League crown AFP/Paul ELLIS Klopp’s side start their bid to win a seventh European Cup with a trip to Napoli for their Group E opener on Tuesday. The Reds have reached the last two Champions League finals, beating Tottenham in the Spanish capital in June after losing to Real Madrid 12 months earlier. But Klopp believes Liverpool face a daunting task to make it to the final in Istanbul’s Ataturk Stadium – a venue which carries extra resonance for the club after they won the 2005 Champions League with an astonishing comeback against AC Milan in the same stadium. Before Liverpool can dream of emulating Steven Gerrard and company’s triumph by the banks of the Bosphorus, Klopp knows they will have to run the gauntlet in what he expects to be a fiercely contested tournament. Napoli are expected to pose the sternest test to Liverpool in a group which also includes unfancied Salzburg and Genk. Carlo Ancelotti’s team came within a whisker of ending Liverpool’s European campaign in the… Read full this story
- Jurgen Klopp's impact on Liverpool hailed by Pep Lijnders
- Rumour Has It: Liverpool eyeing Barca & Madrid target Fabian, Man Utd re-open Pogba talks
- 'I didn't expect the ride of death!' Karl Stefanovic flashes his plumber's crack and is left covered in COW DUNG as he goes down a muddy slip and slide live on the Today show
- Stars In Their Eyes to 'RETURN to TV screens with revamped celebrity judging panel after Simon Cowell rests X Factor for a year'
- Stars In Their Eyes is returning with a celebrity panel to judge contestants
- Premier League eyes June return - Report
- Premier League eyes June return: report
- Liverpool want Schalke youngster, a good deal?
- Liverpool and Arsenal want Bundesliga starlet Evan Ndicka, a scout report
- Coronavirus: Liverpool restaurant owner 'could never repay loan'
Klopp expects daunting ride as Liverpool eye Istanbul return have 344 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.