Dear Mahatma: Why in the world were the trees in the Interstate 30 median around Hope all being cut down? It always makes me feel safer to have a median with trees between me and the other lanes. Also there are barrels for miles in that area. Is that a major redo? — Hope Springs Eternal Dear Hope: We, too, have seen this on a trip to Texas earlier this summer. The reaction of all people in our vehicle was — Holy Hardwood, all those trees are being cut down! This was disturbing, because we are tree weenies. We can even identify on sight an American sycamore. The Arkansas Department of Transportation shared with us a press release about the matter. Quoteth the press release: “As part of an Interstate Rehabilitation project on Interstate 30 between Emmett and Gurdon, crews are clearing a portion of the trees and vegetation along the sides and median of the interstate.” Tree clearing provides these benefits, the department says: “A wider clear zone for vehicles that lose control and depart the roadway; a reduced chance of trees falling across the roadway; improved clearing of snow or ice from the pavement after weather events; and… Read full this story
- Student, 20, is 'sliced to death' by a falling tree and 11 more people are killed as Moscow is hit by its 'deadliest storm in more than 100 years'
- From Coronation Street to Canada: The show's stars take a whirlwind Ontario tour
- 20 great pub walks, chosen by nature writers
- Boutique hotels in Goa
- Romantic Provence: Andy Herbach Author of Provence Made Easy Interviewed
- The Difference A Boy Can Make
- The Power of Mother/Daughter Relationships as Depicted in African American Lit
- A touch of India in Home Decor
- Cat behaviour, Intelligence and memory of cats, Cat training
Keep calm, drive on as trees fall have 299 words, post on www.arkansasonline.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.