PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) — IndyCar won’t return to Pocono Raceway next season and instead will replace the triangular oval with Richmond Raceway on the 2020 schedule announced Sunday. The series last raced on the Virginia track in 2009 and will make its return on June 27 — the same weekend it used during IndyCar’s previous nine-year run at the track. Pocono’s contract expired after last month’s race and the Pennsylvania track has been questioned over its compatibility with IndyCar. The championship picture was clouded by a five-car crash on the opening lap in which one driver was evaluated at a hospital after his car sailed into the fence and another driver landed upside-down atop a different car. Pocono returned to the IndyCar schedule in 2013. Justin Wilson was killed two years later when he was struck in the helmet by debris from another car. Last year, Robert Wickens suffered a spinal cord injury when his car sailed into the fence. Many called on IndyCar to stop racing at Pocono, and with the contract between the series and the track expiring, no deal was struck by the time the schedule was announced. “Our partnership with the premier open wheel series in… Read full this story
- Teacher who served pancakes during PSSAs won’t be fired, is scheduled to return to classroom
- Kasich sparks 2020 speculation with return to New Hampshire
- Nebraska's aggressive satellite camp schedule includes stops in Florida, Texas and California
- These 3 Cities Are Key for 2020 Democrats. They’re Not in Iowa.
- Biden Considers His Age as He Ponders 2020 Run
- Andrew Gillum Meets With Obama Amid Speculation of 2020 Bid
- Eyes On Biden As Democrats Face Off In Third 2020 Debate
- Houston Texans reveal 2019 season schedule
- IndyCar: Ericsson Lands Drive, CEO Hopeful Alonso Will Enter 2019 Indy500 Race
- Alabama, Kentucky tracks to host IndyCar
IndyCar 2020 schedule includes return to Detroit have 302 words, post on www.wxyz.com at September 1, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.