Jakarta (ANTARA) – House of Representatives Speaker Bambang Soesatyo confirmed the parliament received the Presidential Letter assigning two cabinet ministers as government representatives to discuss the revision of Law No. 30 of 2002 on Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK). “As far as I know, the letter (did not mention the president’s approval or disapproval on the revision). It only assigns government representatives,” Soesatyo remarked at the parliament complex here on Thursday. Soesatyo noted that the letter was received on Wednesday as confirmed by the House’s Secretariat General. In the letter, the president has assigned the law and human rights minister and state apparatus empowerment minister to represent the government in the discussion. Related news: Law Minister meets Jokowi for discussion on KPK law revision draft Revision to the law on the anti-graft body was initiated by the House of Representatives for discussion and approval prior to the conclusion of its serving period in October 2019. Responding to the House’s initiative, the KPK, in its statement, refused the revision of the law as, learning from the widely distributed draft, it has the potential to paralyze the KPK as an independent anti-graft institution. “With the occurrences and agenda recently, we have to state… Read full this story
- Coronavirus Update: Danville Resident Receives Fake Letter Threatening Penalties For Non-Essential Construction
- Egypt amends emergency laws amid coronavirus outbreak
- Letters: Non-compete agreements harm employees
- A house for Dr Ambedkar in the UK
- Letters: Bible says citizens subject to civil law
- The Second Amendment Is No Barrier to Stricter Gun Laws
- CPTPP expected to help Vietnam modernise labour laws
- Deaf Americans are urging the White House to use sign language interpreters at coronavirus briefings
- How will law exams be affected by coronavirus?
- Kate Middleton pens a letter to express her 'sincere appreciation' to staff at Action For Children for supporting those at risk of 'violence, abuse and neglect' during this 'hugely unsettling time'
House receives Presidential Letter on amendment to KPK law have 319 words, post on en.antaranews.com at September 12, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.