Omar Abdel- Baqui Detroit Free Press Published 6:20 PM EDT Sep 11, 2019 An American flag soared from Mackinac Bridge on Tuesday morning in the cloudy skies where the peninsulas meet, honoring those who lost their lives in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. It was one of several public displays of remembrance and mourning as people across Michigan and the world marked the attacks’ 18th anniversary. The flag measured 30 by 60 feet, according to the Mackinac Bridge Authority. In Detroit, the city’s police and fire departments hosted a procession that rolled through downtown and a memorial service in Campus Martius. At Michigan State University, the MSU rock was painted white and covered with a painted American flag. Under the flag were the words: “9/11 NEVER FORGET.” More on Freep.com: Bloomfield church cancels anti-Muslim 9/11 event after backlash Moment of silence, tolling bells and Trump mark 18th anniversary of 9/11 terror attack Staff writer Ann Zaniewski contributed to this report.
- Mackinac Bridge closes to vehicle traffic for Labor Day walk
- Jon Stewart slams McConnell over 9/11 victim fund
- Hogan Orders MD Flag At Half-Staff To Honor Coronavirus Victims
- Letters: Lower the flags, remember the victims of this virus
- Gov. Tom Wolf Orders Flags To Remain At Half-Staff In Honor Of Peace Officers Memorial Day
- The Latest: Scientists: Quake test of bridge design worked
- Foresthill Fall: Placer County Deputies Rescue Woman After Falling From Foresthill Bridge
- FBI releases chilling images Alaska serial killer drew 'in his own blood' of 11 skulls and believe they represent his total number of his victims - but only three have been identified
- May 10, 1998: Orel Hershiser stifles Cubs, picks up first win with Giants
- Katy Perry reflects on upcoming parenthood as contestants honor their moms on special Mother's Day episode of American Idol
Giant flag honoring 9/11 victims hangs from Mackinac Bridge have 291 words, post on eu.freep.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.