REUTERS: U.S. stock index futures were largely flat on Wednesday as easing trade tensions with China did little to sway investors, who are refraining from making heavy bets ahead of the Federal Reserve’s decision on interest rates next week.Earlier in the day, China’s finance ministry said 16 types of U.S. goods would be exempted from additional retaliatory tariffs, ahead of a planned meeting between trade negotiators from the two countries.While the move is perceived as a friendly gesture to thaw trade relations with the United States, analysts are far from convinced that it is a turning point in a trade war that has hurt the global economy.”The exemption could be seen as a gesture of sincerity toward the US ahead of negotiations in October, but is probably more a means of supporting the (Chinese) economy,” Iris Pang, a Greater China economist with ING, wrote in a note.On Tuesday, a senior White House adviser tempered down expectations for the trade talks, urging investors to be patient about resolving the dispute between the world’s two largest economies.Markets are now looking for stimulus measures from central banks to stem a global slowdown, with the Fed and the European Central Bank expected to cut interest rates… Read full this story
- Dow drops on industrials, extends losing streak to five days
- RenaissanceRe Holdings' (RNR) CEO Kevin O'Donnell on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- XL Group's (XL) CEO Mike McGavick on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- AGNC Investment's (AGNC) CEO, Gary Kain on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- [email protected]: ASX set to return with strong open
Futures flat as trade moves offer mixed signals have 281 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.