Footwear are produced for export at the Japanese Midori Safety Footwear Vietnam in the central province of Quang Nam. VNA/VNS Photo Danh Lam From the beginning of this year to August, the country lured a total of $22.63 billion worth of FDI, marking a slight decrease of 7 per cent year-on-year, updates from the Foreign Investment Agency under the Ministry of Planning and Investment revealed. More than 2,400 new foreign-invested projects were granted investment licences with a total registered capital of $9.13 billion in the period, up 25 per cent in terms of number of projects but down 32 per cent in level of capital over the same period last year. Meanwhile, nearly 910 existing projects adjusted their investment capital with a total additional sum of $4 billion in the eight months, representing a yearly increase of 24 per cent in the project number but equivalent to 72 per cent of capital seen in last year’s corresponding period. Notably, foreign capital flow to buy stakes in Vietnamese companies rose by 80 per cent year-on-year to total $9.51 billion, according to the data. Foreign investors poured most into the manufacturing and processing sector totalling $15.7 billion, or 70 per cent of… Read full this story
- US$6.75 billion in FDI disbursed in five months
- High quality FDI enterprises are welcome
- Two-month FDI attraction increases 2.5 times
- Will FDI adversely affect Vietnamese businesses?
- FoodMaven lands more venture capital as funding declines in state, nation
- Russia-dedicated funds see $110 mln capital outflow Sep 26–Wed
- Indonesian capital still sinking, despite groundwater improvements
- Here is What Hedge Funds Think About Annaly Capital Management, Inc. (NLY)
- Tech firms still seeking venture capital in UK despite high-profile flops
- Community activist claims her Airbnb booking was declined because she's black after a white friend’s identical request was accepted
FDI disbursement up despite a decline in capital inflow have 291 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 4, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.