We are at the halfway point of the qualifying campaign for Euro 2020. Here, Telegraph Sport assesses the state of play from Group A, where England march on to the finals even with a few defensive jitters, to Group J, where Finland are looking to make history. Group A How things stand Surprise package? Kosovo. Anyone not yet acquainted with the ‘Brazil of the Balkans’ were given a 35-second initiation at England’s initial expense on Tuesday night. Of the eight eventually rattled in at St Mary’s, the best goal of the night was arguably the goal Kosovo didn’t score: a sweeping six-man, eight-pass move upfield, starting with goalkeeper Ari Muric and ending with Bersant Celina curling his shot just wide of Jordan Pickford’s left-hand post. Wins away to Bulgaria and the Czech Republic have kept Kosovo in the hunt for an automatic Euro 2020 place – a stark improvement on their winless World Cup 2018 qualifying campaign – but they attack with the confidence of a team (thanks to their Uefa Nations League displays) already guaranteed a second crack at progressing via the play-offs. Underachievers Bulgaria. It will likely be 16 years next summer since Bulgaria last graced a major tournament, and… Read full this story
- Paltry fines and spineless words helped create the poison in Sofia
- Rooting out racism from football and wider society
- How can football give racist fans one chance to stop, then another and another?
- Bulgaria union president accuses England of ‘derogatory’ comments
- Gareth Southgate Says England Will Not Walk Off The Field In Response To Racism
- Tammy Abraham Says England Will Walk Off The Field If Subjected To Racism
- Bulgarian goalie claims England players ‘overreacted’ to racist taunts, praises home fans
- All eyes on UEFA after football's night of shame
- Soccer body FIFA may extend punishments globally after racism at Bulgaria-England match
- World Cup 2006 - Reaction To Group Stage Draw
Euro 2020 qualifying: the state of play from Group A to Group J have 317 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.