DoJ orders suspension of rearrests of convicts freed under GCTAhome / News / Headlines / DoJ orders suspension of rearrests of convicts freed under GCTATHE Department of Justice (DoJ) has ordered the suspension of the re-arrests of ex-convicts prematurely released by virtue of the questionable Good Conduct Time Allowance (GCTA). Guevarra issued the order a day after the ultimatum of President Rodrigo Duterte had lapsed starting 12 midnight today, Friday, for all these former prisoners to surrender. In an interview over ABS-CBN, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said that he has requested Local Government (DILG) Secretary Eduardo Ano and PNP Chief Oscar Albayalde to suspend , in the meantime, the re-arrest of the remaining ex-prisoners.Guevarra said this was to give way to the re-computation of the GCTAs of all the prisoners covered by the law. He said that the suspension from re-arrest was in order to secure safety of the ex-convicts and those law enforcement officers who would enforce the arrest.“There remain a few PDLs who are in a ‘grey zone or grey area’ wherein we cannot really determine without looking at the record of their cases whether they committed heinous crimes. Just to make sure that nobody’s life or personal… Read full this story
- After suspension, Jimmy Smith says his personal life is “in order”
- Convicted Illegal Alien Child Molester Freed into U.S. by Sanctuary County
- Why NFL is considering suspension up to four games for Cowboys WR Terrance Williams
- Roberto Osuna could reportedly face major suspension over assault allegation
- Dealing with Thomas Davis’ suspension? Panthers LB Shaq Thompson has a plan
- Panthers LB Thomas Davis talks suspension, possible (likely?) change in plan beyond that
- Julian Edelman's appeal of suspension taking place Monday
- After Urban Meyer Suspension, Some at Ohio State See a Culture of Sports Above All
- Why TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t view Urban Meyer’s suspension as an advantage
- When UNC plays Miami, it will get seven players back from suspension. Here’s who’s returning.
DoJ orders suspension of rearrests of convicts freed under GCTA have 333 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.