Weather: Sunny with a high near 85. Showers and thunderstorms are likely tonight. Alternate-side parking: In effect until Sept. 30 (Rosh Hashana). Their cries were loud: “Sea levels are rising and so are we!” On Friday, tens of thousands of young New Yorkers marched from Foley Square to Battery Park in Manhattan, joining millions globally who, in a coordinated day of action, implored leaders to take steps to combat climate change. [Read more on the climate protests: “I feel hopeful seeing the power of all these people here,” one teenager said. ] “We are the ones who are making a difference,” Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old Swedish climate activist, told the crowd in New York. “If no one else will take action, then we will.” Didn’t skip class or work for a rally on Friday? Not a world leader or authorized guest at the United Nation’s Climate Action Summit this week? There are still several events you can attend in New York City, including a ballet, a rap show and several talks with professors and scientists. Here are a few of them: Today Midtown: “Glacier: A Climate Change Ballet (and Other Works).” The show, which debuted in 2015, was choreographed by… Read full this story
- Stopping Pipelines Helps the Climate Tomorrow—and Creates Headaches Today
- Jason Meister: To smear Trump, New York Times pivots from Russiagate hoax to racism
- Stopping pipelines in the U.S. helps the climate tomorrow — and creates headaches today
- The Swedish 15-year-old who's cutting class to fight the climate crisis
- At Amazon, workers unite to speak out on warehouses, climate and more
- Amazon's worldwide worker walkout is just the tip of employees' activism
- Global Warming Or Global Fraud
- One Thing You Can Do: Consider a Heat Pump
- Living Alone and Loving It - 10 Tips to Help You Grow Into the Person Who Will Fill Your Empty Nest
- Whats Your Sustainability Blueprint?
Climate Week in New York Is Just Getting Started have 303 words, post on www.nytimes.com at September 23, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.