Female workers pack cinnamon to be packaged in the store of Visimex JSC. Photo Courtesy of Gia Chính By Thanh An Cinnamon might smell like Christmas to many in the West, but to some Vietnamese farmers, it smells like prosperity. The spice has been long seen by farmers of Phong Dụ Thượng Commune in the northern province of Yên Bái as a path to escaping poverty. In recent years, demand for cinnamon has become greater than ever and has helped many households in the province’s Văn Yên District get a better life. Bearing that in mind, the province has developed an organic cinnamon platform, focusing on building an agricultural sustainable chain from this valuable spice. Export organic cinnamon To see how cinnamon has helped develop Yên Bái’s agriculture and enriched farmers, Viet Nam News travelled to the fourth factory of Visimex Việt Nam Joint Stock Company, which was opened two years ago in Văn Yên. As a reputed supplier of finished spices and agricultural products in Việt Nam and abroad, the company’s key products are pepper, cashew nut, cinnamon and star anise. Nguyễn Thành Lâm, head of the company’s quality supervision department, said the company always made every effort to provide clean and… Read full this story
- Mel C reveals the Spice Girls want to headline Glastonbury as singer discusses reunion plans
- Victoria Beckham ‘didn’t join Spice Girls reunion over Mel B’s b**** comment’
- Geri Halliwell marks Victoria Beckham’s birthday with throwback to Spice Girls 2007 tour with young Brooklyn and baby Bluebell
- Experiencing farmer life a new trend drawing foreign tourists to Vietnamese countryside locales
- Geri Horner quit the Spice Girls due to ‘deeper relationship’ with Mel B, hints Scary Spice’s ex in resurfaced interview
- Dulux embraces life with “Spiced Honey” as 2019 Colour of the Year
- Young farmers face mounting costs to enter the industry
- How old is Geri Halliwell, when did she leave the Spice Girls and who is her husband Christian Horner?
- How old is Geri Halliwell, why did she leave the Spice Girls and who is her husband Christian Horner?
- East Anglian farmers told to prepare for Fourth Agricultural Revolution
Cinnamon: the spice of life for farmers have 371 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at September 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.