Chief executive Tim Cook unveiled the latest iPhone at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California on Tuesday. (AP photo) Analysts and smartphone distributors are upbeat about the prospects of iPhone sales after the new iPhone 11 was unveiled with more affordable prices.Revealed by Apple in California on Tuesday, the iPhone 11 starts at US$699, down from a comparable model, the iPhone XR, priced at $749 last year. It has two back cameras, including an ultra-wide-angle lens and the next generation of microchips, the A13. Apple has lowered the price of the iPhone XR to $599. The iPhone 11 will be priced at 24,900-30,000 baht, depending on memory space. The iPhone 11 Pro, which has three rear-facing cameras, will retail for 35,900-48,900 baht, while the bigger-screen iPhone 11 Pro Max will cost in the range of 39,000-52,900 baht. Weeradej Panichwisai, senior research manager of IDC Thailand, an IT research firm, said lower prices mean Apple can reach more users and attract new replacement buyers. As iPhone 8 prices dip to around 15,000 baht, the model could be an alternative to Chinese mid-range smartphones, he said. Mr Weeradej said mid-range smartphones account for 40% of the total handset market. Of that fraction, 30% are… Read full this story
- In Vietnam, it’s now riskier than ever to buy iPhones in unofficially distributed market
- The iPhone 11 won’t support 5G, and that’s totally fine — for now
- Apple’s iPhone 11 Pro challenge: Turning new iPhone's modest upgrades into must-have features
- Apple tastes success with iPhone 11, increases orders to meet demand
- A new midrange iPhone SE could be launching in early 2020
- Apple iPhone SE 2 may come with iPhone 8-like design: Key specs revealed
- iPhone 11 and 11 Pro hands on: Apple adds more cameras - but is it a worthwhile upgrade?
- iPhone X will no longer be distributed officially in Vietnam
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus review
- Fans of dupe iPhones bolstering Delhi’s piracy market
Cheaper iPhone's debut sparks hope for market have 313 words, post on www.bangkokpost.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.