By Sahir Palijo Published: September 16, 2019 Tweet Email While Stephen King has never gone out of fashion, it seems like his work is enjoying a bit of a film renaissance. However, Stanley Kubrick’s adaptation of The Shining for the big screen has always remained a bit of a sensitive matter as far King was concerned since the horror writer has made it clear that he is not a big fan of the 1980 film. Based on King’s 1977 novel of the same name, the story revolves around Jack Torrance, an aspiring writer who takes a job as the caretaker of the isolated Overlook Hotel during off-season. Jack brings his wife and son along with him to reconnect with them, but the supernatural forces in the hotel drive him insane, leaving his family in danger. The term ‘the shining’ refers to telepathic powers possessed by Jack’s son, Dan, who is able to see the hotel’s horrific past. In this age of endless prequels, sequels and reboots, it is unsurprising that Hollywood has decided to touch one of the most iconic horror films of all time. However, the one thing the film has going in its favour is the fact that the source material is… Read full this story
- Is the Surface Book 2 a worthy sequel to the original? Here’s how it compares
- 3 research-based things a doctor says should be part of your weight loss efforts
- Krell’s Connect Stream Player delivers audiophile-worthy digital music at a tycoon-worthy price point
- Apple releases MacOS Sierra 10.12.4 with Night Shift mode to help you sleep
- Ash Barty's star shines brightly at WTA Finals as she reaches semis
- Is Google’s Pixelbook a worthy competitor to the Surface Pro?
- Tired all the time? Why fatigue isn’t just about sleep
- Sleeping Dogs review
- Misfit steps up its sleep tracking game with new Beddit integration
- Misfit polishes up the Shine 2 with more accurate tracking, even slimmer design
Can ‘Doctor Sleep’ be a worthy sequel to ‘The Shining’? have 327 words, post on blogs.tribune.com.pk at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.