Cory Booker’s presidential campaign is betting it all on the next 10 days, signaling Saturday that it will cease to exist unless it can raise nearly $2 million by the end of the month. “We have reached a critical moment, and time is running out,” campaign manager Addisu Demissie warned in a memo to Booker staff and supporters. “It’s now or never: The next 10 days will determine whether Cory Booker can stay in this race and compete to win the nomination.”Story Continued Below The bottom line, Demissie said, is that “we do not see a legitimate long-term path forward” if the campaign can’t raise another $1.7 million by Sept. 30, the third-quarter fundraising deadline. “This isn’t an end-of-quarter stunt or another one of those memos from a campaign trying to spin the press,” he added. “This is a real, unvarnished look under the hood of our operation at a level of transparency unprecedented in modern presidential campaigns.”Demissie made clear on a conference call with reporters later Saturday that the campaign isn’t out of money or at risk of running out of funds. “That’s the budget” to expand in October and November, he said of the $1.7 million fundraising target…. Read full this story
- Coronavirus: US medical expert Dr Anthony Fauci warns ending lockdown too soon could lead to ‘needless suffering and death’
- Trump Campaign Warns Of Its “Death Star” Mobilization – And Gets A ‘Star Wars’ Schooling
- San Fran DA touts liberal reforms in campaign email: End to cash bail, no sentence enhancements for gang crime
- Toss a Coin to Your Candidate: Will Trump or Biden Attract the Most Campaign Finance in 2020?
- Joe Biden to hold first high-dollar fundraiser, featuring Gov. Gavin Newsom
- Gilroy Community Rallies Around Family-Owned Donut Shop, Raise Nearly $80K
- Sanders adviser warns of 'alarming trends' that could lead to Biden's defeat
- Illinois Senator Accused of Making Illegal Campaign Payments to Girlfriend
- Minnesota Weather: Frost Warning Issued For Much Of Southern Minnesota
- Sensex ends 2.03% up at 32008.61, Nifty settles at 9383.55
Booker campaign warns end is near without fundraising surge have 339 words, post on www.politico.com at September 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.