The first thing you notice at a Joe Biden event is the age: Many of the reporters covering him are really young. Biden is not. The press corps, or so the Biden campaign sees it, is culturally liberal and highly attuned to modern issues around race and gender and social justice. Biden is not. The reporters are Extremely Online. Biden couldn’t tell you what TikTok is. Inside the Biden campaign, it is the collision between these two worlds that advisers believe explain why his White House run often looks like a months-long series of gaffes. For a team in command of the Democratic primary, at least for now, they’re awfully resentful of how their man is being covered. And yet supremely confident that they, not the woke press that pounces on Biden’s every seeming error and blight in his record, has a vastly superior understanding of the Democratic electorate. This is the central paradox of Biden’s run: He’s been amazingly durable. But he gets no respect from the people who make conventional wisdom on the left.Story Continued Below “I don’t know of anybody who has taken as sustained and vitriolic a negative pounding as Biden and who has come through… Read full this story
- North Korea calls Biden ‘fool of low IQ’ over Kim criticism
- Shares in Reach spike after it confirms JPI Media takeover talks
- Est Media to acquire Delta Systems
- What I'm Really Thinking ... being benched
- The best of the Women’s World Cup group stage from social media
- Girl who tackled Leo Varadkar tells how she just got broadband
- Why Joe Biden won’t beat Donald Trump
- Joe Biden defends Obamacare amid attacks from both flanks
- Senior black Democrats push for Biden-Harris 'dream ticket'
- Trump and Biden trade insults in crucial state
Biden camp thinks the media just doesn’t get it have 305 words, post on www.politico.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.