U.S. Rep. Joe Kennedy III is set to announce a Democratic primary challenge to U.S. Sen. Edward Markey of Massachusetts in 2020.A person with knowledge of Kennedy’s plans told The Associated Press he will formally make the announcement Saturday. The person wasn’t authorized to pre-empt Kennedy’s announcement and spoke Wednesday on condition of anonymity.The 38-year-old grandson of Robert Kennedy has been weighing a decision for several weeks.The 73-year-old Markey has said he plans to run for reelection no matter who else gets in the race. A Kennedy-Markey duel could put more than a few high-profile Democrats in an awkward position — most notably Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren.Warren has worked with Markey in the Senate and taught Kennedy at Harvard Law School. She has formally endorsed Markey.
- Sen. Markey, primary challenger, differ on impeachment
- Sen. Markey raises more than $950,000 during first quarter
- Framingham Mayor's Senior Advisor Departs For Joe Kennedy Camp
- AP sources: Ex-Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack plans to endorse Biden
- AP source: FBI has asked for interview with whistleblower
- AP Source: Mariners, prospect White reach $24M, 6-year deal
- Former Pa. congressman Joe Sestak joins crowded presidential primary
- AP source: Jimmy Butler going to 76ers from Minnesota
- AP sources: Clinton VP search focus is Kaine, Vilsack, Perez
- AP source: Yankees plan to not pay $26 million owed Ellsbury
AP source: Joe Kennedy to challenge Sen. Markey in primary have 227 words, post on www.sandiegouniontribune.com at September 18, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.