Jocelyn Gecker Associated Press Published 9:39 AM EDT Aug 13, 2019 For decades, Placido Domingo, one of the most celebrated and powerful men in opera, has tried to pressure women into sexual relationships by dangling jobs and then sometimes punishing the women professionally when they refused his advances, numerous accusers told The Associated Press. Regarded as one of the greatest opera singers of all time, Domingo also is a prolific conductor and the director of the Los Angeles Opera. The multiple Grammy winner is an immensely respected figure in his rarefied world, described by colleagues as a man of prodigious charm and energy who works tirelessly to promote his art form. At 78, Domingo still attracts sellout crowds around the globe and continues adding to the 150 roles he has sung in 4,000-plus performances, more than any opera singer in history. But his accusers and others in the industry say there is a troubling side to Domingo – one they say has long been an open secret in the opera world. Eight singers and a dancer have told the AP that they were sexually harassed by the long-married, Spanish-born superstar in encounters that took place over three decades beginning in… Read full this story
- Who Is James Toback, The Director Accused Of Sexual Harassment By 38 Women?
- Philip Green set to be grilled by MPs over sexual harassment allegations
- Four More Women Accuse Harvey Weinstein of Sexual Abuse. One Was 17 Years Old.
- Sebastian Gorka Says Harvey Weinstein Should Have Followed Mike Pence's Rules for Avoiding Women
- 'Trump Is a Sexual Predator,' Alec Baldwin Says During Interview About James Toback
- DeVos, Education Department Sued for Rescinding Obama-Era Guidelines for Sexual Assault Investigations
- SF pays to settle Fire Department harassment case
- How a Sexual-Assault Accusation Against a ‘Feminist’ Film Blogger Shook Up the Indie Film World
- U.S. Asians, harassed over coronavirus, push back on streets, social media
- Alec Baldwin Defends Woody Allen Against 'Unfair' Backlash Over Alleged Child Abuse
Women: Opera’s Domingo abused power to sexually harass them have 327 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.