PUBLISHED: 16:52 23 August 2019 | UPDATED: 17:04 23 August 2019 The Ark Pub in Thetford is being demolished. Picture: Marc Betts Archant An investigation has been launched after demolition works began at a 150-year-old pub without permission. The Ark Pub in Thetford is being demolished. Picture: Marc BettsThe Ark, in Norwich Road, Thetford, closed in June after serving the town since 1854.Work to demolish part of the pub then started – despite the district council saying they were not aware of the plans.A spokesman for Breckland Council said: “Consent from Breckland Council must be sought and approved prior to any commencement of demolition work in the district.”In relation to the Ark Public House demolition in Thetford, we have received no planning application to carry out the demolition and have therefore asked the owners to cease any further works, make the area safe and launched an investigation.”Roy Brame, town councillor for Thetford. Pic: Norfolk Conservatives.Despite the work being halted, the rear of the building has been knocked down and changes made to the inside of the rest of the pub, which is owned by Chippy Capital Limited.Town councillor Mike Brindle said: “It is very sad and I imagine that the… Read full this story
- Earth Changes and Fearful Prophecy: Changing the Channel
- Read this if You are Afraid of an Asteroid Hitting the Earth
- What Happened to the Beauty?
- The Weeping of the Earth for Her Children - A Planetary Prayer for Light
- Earth's Crammed With Heaven
- Earth Day - The Last Polar Bear's Cry!
- Earth Changes and Shifts
- The Late Great Planet Earth
- How Can Christians Be the Salt of the Earth and the Light of the World?
- How To Find The Elusive Earth-Shaking Orgasm
'What on Earth has happened?' have 289 words, post on www.edp24.co.uk at August 23, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.