A hairdresser has bid an emotional farewell to her beloved business after 38 years of trading.Cynthia Wright, 65, shut the doors of Strands in Folkestone this month, waving goodbye to hundreds of loyal customers, and staff.Although she is looking forward to retirement, the Seabrook resident has found the closure bittersweet after so many successful years in business.Also retiring is Brenda Gallagher, who has been Mrs Wright since her first day, working as a receptionist and hairdresser.Mrs Wright said: “We’ve had so many great times, so many memories. All the Christmases and parties and fun in the salon.”All our clients were very happy and I know that to be the case because we’ve had so many cards and flowers and messages thanking us.”Mrs Wright left school at 15 and started an apprenticeship in hairdressing at Lionel Anthony in Tunbridge Wells.She was there for nine years before moving to Folkestone in 1979 and joining the Andrea Antonio salon – where she met Brenda.After 18 months she decided to branch out on her own, doing mobile hairdressing.But in 1981, her husband George, who has since passed away following a long battle with Alzheimer’s disease, found a salon where she could set up on… Read full this story
- Discount Diva: Hate your job? Now is a great time to quit.
- Trump's right: It's a great time for women
- 10 tips for having a great time at An Old Time Christmas
- Twitter Has Great Time Mocking Donald Trump's 'I'm A Great Moral Leader' Boast
- Fall's a great time to plant trees and shrubs
- Fall a great time to see tiny freshwater jellyfish pulsing around our local lakes
- How to Get "Mentally Fit," According to Memory Champion Nelson Dellis
- Kellyanne Conway Under Investigation for Violating Federal Law Again—This Time Over Midterm Elections
- 'Perfect' Hamilton on verge of joining elite club of F1 greats
- Economic growth sprouts at Tulip Time
'We've had so many great times, so many memories' have 323 words, post on www.kentonline.co.uk at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.