Now that kids are headed back to school, we want to share ways you can keep your child and grandchildren safe online.My coworker, 11 News morning reporter Jenna Middaugh, sat down with a sergeant for the Colorado Springs Police Department Internet Crimes Against Children unit. He asked to remain anonymous because he works undercover.”Parents should be involved in their children’s digital life,” the sergeant told Middaugh. “The earliest possible age when children are starting to get online, parents should be involved in that – teaching them how to be safe online, how to come to them or another trusted adult if they see something that makes them uncomfortable or upset.”His main message is that parents should be careful what information your kids are sharing online. VOICE OF THE CONSUMER: Back-to-school is great time to protect kids”Knowing stuff like not posting personal information online, including names, addresses, school that they attend,” he said. “What I often tell parents is that they need to know who their children’s friends are, not only in person but online.”If your child or grandchild has a cell phone or laptop, you may want to consider having them sign a ‘digital contract’.”Typically, that phone is going to… Read full this story
- This just in: Parents impact kids more than video games do
- "Here Be Dragons", Keeping Kids Safe Online
- Study: Nine of 10 US Kids Have Online Presence by Age 2
- School Lunch Program Makes Kids Fat
- Wall Street Journal follows Natural News, covers licorice root molecule that can make alcohol safer to drink
- Do Hands-Free Cell Phones Really Make Driving Safer?
- Tornado's In Moore Oklahoma Makes Building Safer
- Make Over Your Online Image to Help Your Job Search
- Microsoft Lets Parents Control Kids' Web Use
- Apple Has To Pay $32.5 M To Parents Whose Kids Accidentally Bought Things On The App Store
VOICE OF THE CONSUMER: Involved parents make kids safer online have 315 words, post on gazette.com at August 25, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.