Moscow (VNA) – Representatives from the Vietnamese Embassy and relevant agencies participated in the 21st Summer Diplomatic Games in Russia’s Tver province on August 24.
The Vietnamese officials competed in the four categories of football, billiards, fishing and family sports, and won a silver prize in billiards and a bronze in men’s football.
The annual event is held by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, aiming to enhance exchanges between diplomatic agencies in the host country.
This year’s tournament attracted the participation of nearly 40 diplomatic agencies and international organisations in Russia.
In his message sent to the Games, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said sports have helped to strengthen solidarity between countries and improve human health.-VNA
- Vietnam to hold SEA Games 31
- Vietnam wraps up SEA Games 2017 with 58 gold medals
- Miss Teen Vietnam joins world peace conference in Japan
- Vietnam joins WTO Government Procurement Agreement
- Hillary Clinton to Visit Vietnam This Summer: Ambassador
- Vietnam Party Chief to Visit Russia July 8-12
- Asian Games 2018: Vietnam joins kurask test event in Indonesia
- Vietnam joins charity fair in Singapore
- Nearly 4,600 coaches, athletes to join Asian Beach Games
- Vietnam joins international book fair in Russia