WASHINGTON: U.S. President Donald Trump stepped up a series of attacks on automakers on Wednesday for not backing his administration’s plan to roll back Obama-era fuel efficiency rules, singling out Ford Motor Co in particular for backing a deal with California for stricter fuel economy standards.Ford is one of four automakers, along with Honda Motor Co , BMW AG and Volkswagen AG , that reached a voluntary agreement with California on fuel efficiency rules, defying Trump and his administration’s effort to strip the state of the right to fight climate change by setting its own standards.The rules under the California plan are looser than the Obama-era regulations but stricter than what the Trump has proposed.Trump said company founder Henry Ford would be “very disappointed if he saw his modern-day descendants wanting to build a much more expensive car, that is far less safe and doesn’t work as well, because execs don’t want to fight California regulators.”Ford said in a statement that it is focused on acting to protect the environment while also protecting the affordability of vehicles. “This agreement with California provides regulatory stability while reducing CO2 more than complying with two different standards,” it said.There is no evidence that… Read full this story
- Trump attacks Puerto Rico mayor: 'They want everything done for them'
- Fuel Economy-Focused Trucking Company Selects Rocketail Aerodynamic Trailer Wing
- UK Election Debate: Leftists Insult Trump, Only Brexit Party Back Cutting Migration
- SNL Premiere: Trump Attacks San Juan’s Mayor, Bungles Puerto Rico Crisis
- Dictator Like Donald Trump Attacks Everything America Stands For, Says Robert Redford
- Donald Trump says Taliban talks back on in surprise Afghanistan visit
- President Trump Attacks Conor Lamb, Names Local Politician To Run Against Him
- Rep. Elijah Cummings urges people to visit Baltimore in wake of Trump attacks
- Donald Trump attacks impeachment probe, sticks to Ukraine meddling theory
- 'We will tear them down': Turkey launches attack on US-backed Kurds in northern Syria
Trump attacks Ford Motor for not backing fuel economy rollback have 331 words, post on www.channelnewsasia.com at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.