By Ken Martin Published August 09, 2019 Stocks FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print video Fed is targeting the market: Gary Kaltbaum Kaltbaum Capital Management President Gary Kaltbaum, Fox News contributor Scott Martin and FBN’s Susan Li on potential further rate cuts by the Federal Reserve and concerns over the global economic outlook. Stocks recouped a good portion of their losses on Friday amid ongoing volatility but still closed in the red. Continue Reading Below Ticker Security Last Change %Chg I:DJI DOW JONES AVERAGES 26287.44 -90.75 -0.34% SP500 S&P 500 2918.65 -19.44 -0.66% I:COMP NASDAQ COMPOSITE INDEX 7959.139704 -80.02 -1.00% All three of the major market averages were down over 1-percent, before cutting some of those losses, following President Trump firing another warning shot at the Chinese. He also hinted that trade talks set for September could be on or off. Trump also squashed the idea of devaluing the U.S. dollar in response to China’s weakening of the yuan which fell to the lowest level since 2008 this week. “We are not ready to make a deal,” said Trump as he headed off for the weekend to attend two fundraisers in New York one of which is being held by billionaire Stephen Ross which… Read full this story
- Trade war batters global indices with US markets down 4% for the week; Nifty falls 2%, VIX at 15.25%
- Taking Stock | Sensex, Nifty fall 1% each; how to trade volatile market?
- From Y2K Fizzle, to Dot-Com Bust / YEAR IN REVIEW 2000 / The biggest stories, the best pictures
- US junk bonds are back in favour, for now
- Food waste and too much skinny menswear spoil M&S's Christmas
- Market Headstart: Nifty likely to consolidate around 12,200; AU Small Finance, Sobha top buys
- Low Fares And Snack Fees—How No-Frills Favorite Norwegian Air Went Global
- Oil slides 2% as glut forecast, China virus overshadow Libya disruption
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia shares touch new 19-month highs ahead of US-China trade deal
- ASX hits record high for fourth straight day; Wall Street climbs to new peak
Stocks cut losses to end volatile week have 336 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at August 9, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.