Since the beginning of the year, as many as 130,000 cases of dengue fever have been reported across the country, resulting in 15 deaths. This figure has spiked in recent weeks with between 5,000 and 10,000 new cases being reported weekly. In comparison to the same period last year, the number of dengue fever cases has seen a three-fold increase, with central, central highlands, and southern provinces being the hardest hit. Assoc Prof. Dr. Hoang Duc Hanh, deputy director of the Hanoi Department of Health, said although the number of dengue fever cases in Hanoi has declined and no fatalities have occurred compared to the 2014-2018 period, the epidemic is predicted to increase in the near future. Indeed, the capital city has seen 2,098 cases of dengue fever since the beginning of the year. Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nguyen Nhat Cam, director of the Hanoi Centre for Disease Control, has pointed to a number of causes which have led to the spread of the epidemic, including the spread of the fever include an influx of migrants from rural areas, rapid urbanisation, hot weather and rain, an increasing number of construction sites, and poor sanitation in place in temporary housing for labourers. In… Read full this story
- Canadian Woman Dies of Dengue Fever after Flying out to Jamaica for Friend's Wedding: 'It Was like a Nightmare'
- Deaths from dengue fever in Paraguay spike to 16 under strained health system
- Steep rise in pets needing treatment for anxiety as insurance claims skyrocket
- Watch | A steep rise in LPG prices
- No new suspected coronavirus cases in HCM City
- Kaduna confirms new case of Lassa Fever
- Kaduna govt confirms new case of Lassa fever
- Coronavirus cases drop as foreign fears rise
- China says significant drop in coronavirus cases; death toll climbs to 1,665
- Pandharkawda MC member dies of Dengue
Steep rise in cases of dengue fever nationwide have 301 words, post on english.vov.vn at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.