Kantele Franko Associated Press Published 11:00 PM EDT Sep 11, 2019 Columbus, Ohio – Former supervisors and colleagues who weren’t interviewed in the investigation about widespread sexual abuse by an Ohio State University team doctor now face questioning under oath and scrutiny from a medical board. The issue: Who knew about or suspected Richard Strauss’ misconduct during his tenure, and did they respond properly? Strauss died in 2005, so answers must come from decades-old records, the 300-plus accusers and others who knew him. The State Medical Board of Ohio is reviewing whether any licensed doctors violated a duty to report concerns about Strauss. If so, they could face discipline from the board, though the window for criminal prosecution of that has passed. Meanwhile, a federal judge said men suing the university over Strauss’ misconduct can pursue sworn statements from ex-employees who didn’t cooperate with the investigation conducted for Ohio State by the law firm Perkins Coie. “These are highly significant witnesses with substantial knowledge about Dr. Strauss and OSU’s response to Dr. Strauss, and we look forward to getting their testimony under oath as we seek justice for OSU survivors,” said Ilann Maazel, an attorney for some of the accusers…. Read full this story
- Accusers in Ohio State Doctor Scandal Top 300
- Former Ohio State Wrestlers Sue University For Not Stopping Team Doctor's Sexual Abuse
- Ohio State Report: Diving Coach Accused Of Sexually Abusing Teen Said It Was Just Flirting
- New Ohio State Coach Ryan Day Has Already Poached A Pair Of Michigan Coaches
- There's Now a Bacon Vending Machine at Ohio State University
- So, Who Will Be Ohio State's Quarterback Next Season?
- 5 things to know about Ohio State men’s basketball for 2019-20
- Ohio State Suspends Urban Meyer Three Games
- Ohio State's Kyle Snyder Ends College Career With Third-Straight NCAA Championship
Scrutiny turns to co-workers of accused Ohio State doctor have 306 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at August 29, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.