Oakland Raiders’ Keisean Nixon (38) celebrates after knocking away a pass in the “end zone” intended for Green Bay Packers’ Equanimeous St. Brown (19) during the first half of an NFL preseason football game Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019, in Winnipeg, Manitoba. (John Woods/The Canadian Press via AP) Thursday’s preseason game between the Ravens and Eagles was halted with 11:43 remaining in the fourth quarter, prompting all game, total and second-half bets to be refunded. It wasn’t even the craziest development of the night at the sportsbooks involving the NFL preseason. NFL officials announced just minutes before kickoff between the Raiders and Packers in Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada, the game would be played on an 80-yard field. The decision was made after a lengthy discussion between representatives of both teams about field conditions in the end zone in the spot where the CFL goal posts would normally be positioned. Several sports book directors told the Review-Journal they had no specific rules posted for an adjusted length of the field, meaning all bets made before the announcement stood as wagered. It’s possible one could be added in the future, though sources indicated it’s such an obscure situation that would never happen in a… Read full this story
- Raiders training camp: Ten observations from Day 2
- Live updates: Mistake-prone Raiders beaten by Chargers 26-10
- Why U.S. Sports Betting Was Mostly Illegal, Until Now: QuickTake
- California moves to allow legal bets on 49ers, other sports teams
- Sports betting with 'The Philly Godfather': Take your chances on the Raiders and Broncos in Week 6
- Four bets on the global energy sector
- Eagles vs. Titans: Predictions, betting odds and broadcast info for Week 4
- BET and Tyler Perry Partner to Bring the Streaming Service, BET+
- Melrose boss rejects claims that he is a greedy raider
- Want Your App to Fail? If You Ignore These 3 Keys to Testing, Failure Is a Safe Bet.
Raiders-Packers bets stand despite field being shortened have 321 words, post on www.reviewjournal.com at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.