“We have conducted the tryout of the use of CPO blend on generators MAK#1 and MAK#2,” PT PLN Business Director for Kalimantan Region Machnizon Masri said at the Jakarta Convention Center Wednesday. The result showed that the combustion with CPO was not as good as compared to the use of 20 percent biodiesel blend or B20. In addition, the CPO-fueled generators also ran short of CPO supplies. The tryout was conducted on diesel oil-fueled generators (PLTD) Kanan in Bontang, East Kalimantan province. PLN is currently preparing 167 tons of CPO for the running test of the CPO-fueled generators. The use of vegetable fuel (BBN) and processed palm oil could save oil import budgets of up to US$500 million per year, Budi Santoso Syari, Processing Director of state oil and gas company PT Pertamina, said. “Palm can produce 8.7 million tons of oil per year. The production from palm oil will be able to reduce the use of (fossil) fuel oil by up to 160 thousand barrels per day,” he said. The 160 thousand barrels of oil per day is equal to $500 million, he added. The area of oil palm plantations in the country has currently reached 14.3 million hectares. … Read full this story
- Carmakers' emissions test gaming "costing drivers billions"
- Hundreds of farmers get CPO notice for Greenway
- Car manufacturers have cheated Brits out of £21.6BILLION since 2000 with unrealistic fuel economy claims
- Germany aims to take lead on fuels made with green power
- Study: Fuel taxes paid by Romanian companies 4 pct higher than global average
- Jaguar F-Type – a rorty V6 convertible on long-term test
- WATCH China Test-Launch Sky Star-2 Hypersonic Waverider Vehicle
- Kia Stinger – surprise package saloon from Korea on long-term test
- Popular family cars unable to use new fuel – study
- Views wanted on new legislation to cut fuel poverty
PLN tests several CPO-fueled generators have 298 words, post on en.antaranews.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.