Don’t put Naperville on the list just yet of municipalities where recreational marijuana shops will be banned come Jan. 1. City council members initially indicated they favored the idea of a ban on stores that would sell the substance for adult nonmedicinal use. by signing up you agree to our terms of service But during a discussion at the end of a seven-hour meeting this week, council members opened the door to at least considering if they want to set zoning rules that could allow in the new industry, made legal under the state’s Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act.Council members took no vote on a proposed ordinance that spells out the details of a local ban on adult-use cannabis businesses other than medical cannabis dispensaries or cultivation centers. Instead, they asked staff members to broaden the planned discussion for the Sept. 3 meeting to include early talk of how to regulate marijuana shops if they are to be allowed.”This is to be continued,” Mayor Steve Chirico told those remaining in the city council chambers as… Read full this story
- San Diego County finally gets smart about illegal pot shops
- Palmer bans disposable plastic shopping bags
- 'Racists are banned from this shop'
- Teen banned from every shop in Notts including Broadmarsh and Victoria Centre
- Man sentenced up to 12 years in prison for two armed robberies of same Denver pot shop
- Homestead City Council Wants to Ban Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
- Marijuana shops become legal in Massachusetts in less than two months. Here’s what to expect.
- 'A Chair Affair' has returned to retail shops in downtown Naperville for the fifth year
- Committee hears bills to ban LGBT discrimination in Nebraska
- Mum of 3 slashes £100 Asda shop to £20 and shows how you can too
Naperville 'very divided' on banning or allowing pot shops have 296 words, post on www.dailyherald.com at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.