It was 50 years ago this week that Charles Manson dispatched a group of disaffected young followers on a two-night killing rampage that terrorized Los Angeles. Members of the so-called Manson “family” arrived at the Hollywood Hills home of Sharon Tate on August 8, 1969, where they stabbed, beat and shot to death the young actress and her friends – celebrity hairstylist Jay Sebring, coffee heiress Abigail Folger and aspiring screenwriter Wojciech Frykowski. As they made their way to the house, they encountered a teenager, Steven Parent, who had been visiting an acquaintance at the estate’s guesthouse, and shot him to death. The next night, Manson led a handful of followers to the home of wealthy grocer Leno LaBianca and his wife, Rosemary. Manson tied up the couple and left the others to kill them. Manson and his followers killed two others – musician Gary Hinman and Hollywood stuntman Donald “Shorty” Shea – in separate, unrelated attacks. A look at the key players in a case that remains etched in the American consciousness. THE KILLERS Charles Manson was a petty criminal who had been in and out of jail since childhood when he reinvented himself in the late 1960s as a… Read full this story
- Your Guide to the Key Figures in
- Babri demolition case: Advani, MM Joshi among 32 acquitted
- Coronavirus: Rhondda Cynon Taf to go into local lockdown amid rise in cases
- Zac Efron and rumoured new girlfriend Vanessa Valladares jet into Byron Bay on a budget airline after enjoying a low-key ski holiday together
- Star-filled apartments in New York City will have ARMED guards on Election Day in case of unrest
- Kanye West's VERY public breakdown, declining ratings, key family members refusing to film and the backlash over THAT fight: Why the Kardashians have pulled the plug after 14 years of KUWTK
- From botox to nose jobs and the truth about THOSE famous derrieres: How the Kardashians had everyone keeping up with their changing appearances
- Nolte — Hypocrisy: Trump Raises Taxes on Rich; Blue State Democrats Create Avoidance Gimmicks
- Has the notorious Black Dahlia cold case finally been solved?
- Why Vettel is key to turning Aston into a success story
Key figures in Manson case: Cult disciples, rich and famous have 347 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at August 6, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.