By Karen D’Souza | [email protected] | Bay Area News Group PUBLISHED: August 14, 2019 at 11:51 am | UPDATED: August 14, 2019 at 11:54 am Kanye West’s vision of building affordable housing in the manner of Tatooine has crashed and burned with his suburban Calabasas neighbors. The iconic rap star was hard at work building dome-style homes he intends to use for affordable housing when he was cited by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Works for building without permits. Now he has to either bring the structures into compliance by September 13—or tear them down, as Curbed LA reported. West has now become famous for his entrepreneurial bent, branching out from hip-hop stardom to dabble in everything from sneakers and toddler ditties about poop to affordable housing. The celebrity’s oblong low-income homes, which resemble beehives, have been described as “the skeletons of wooden spaceships.” For the record, Tatooine is the sand planet where Luke Skywalker grew up in an igloo-shaped bungalow with his aunt and uncle. County officials got two anonymous complaints about the “gumdrop-shaped” structures and late-night construction noise, says a public works spokesperson, Curbed LA noted. The futuristic dwellings have now been cited and West, who… Read full this story
- Star Wars-Themed Gaming Headset Announced for Star Wars Battlefront
- 'Star Wars' Themed Sony PlayStation 4 To Be Released In November, Darth Vader Will Be The First
- Nvidia has two Star Wars-themed graphics cards on the way
- Disney confirms Star Wars theme park attractions coming, complete with cantinas
- Xbox One Won't Get The Star Wars Themed Console Games, Confirmed By Electronic Arts
- Ok, the Star Wars themed land at Disney looks like a dream come true
- Want to listen to Porgs sing the Star Wars theme? Of course you do!
- Add Star Wars Themes to your Google Apps
- U.S. State legislators call EA’s game a 'Star Wars-themed online casino' aimed at kids
- Disney's Star Wars theme park to open in 2019, Avatar's this summer (correction)
Kanye West’s Star Wars-themed dwellings under fire have 328 words, post on www.mercurynews.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.