Iran has test-fired a new missile, Tasnim news agency cited the commander of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, Major General Hossein Salami, as saying. “Our country is always the arena for testing a variety of defence and strategic systems and these are non-stop movements towards the growth of our deterrent power,” Salami said. “And yesterday was one of the successful days for this nation.” He did not provide any further information about the missile. The United States abandoned an international deal on Iran’s nuclear programme in May last year and stepped up sanctions on the Islamic Republic in an attempt to curb its development of ballistic missiles and its support for proxies in Syria, Yemen, Lebanon and Iraq. Tehran and Washington have been sabre rattling with an exchange of threats and warnings ever since. A conflict between the two countries was nearly sparked in June when Iran shot down a US military surveillance drone in the Gulf with a surface-to-air missile. Iran said the drone was over its territory, while Washington claimed it was in international airspace. The Islamic Republic displayed what it described as a domestically-built, long-range, surface-to-air missile air defence system on Thursday. Euronews spoke to Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad… Read full this story
- Amazon Fire TV (2017) review: This is a step backward, even with 4K HDR
- Amazon switches on Fire TV's smart home voice controls
- How to use the zip and bzip2 macOS file compression commands
- Wallaroos head to Perth for first Test against the Black Ferns
- Can Wi-Fi and LTE-U live together? The tests are ready
- The New Pregnancy Test App: Do You Have to Pee on Your Phone?
- WWE News: Chelsea Green tests for interesting new TV role
- Get the Most From Your New Tech Gear
- Governor Cuomo Sued To Compel Fracking In New York
- AOL programs back new business model
Iran test fires new missile: Iran Revolutionary Guards commander have 310 words, post on www.euronews.com at August 24, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.