The youth minister met Go-Jek founder Nadiem Makarim last month. Facebook/Syed Syaddiq. Syed Abdul Rahman, The Business Times Sick of taking Grab? Good news – tech unicorn Go-Jek might soon be available in Malaysia, if Cabinet discussions this week go well. Go-Jek’s founder Nadiem Makarim met Malaysia Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and Transport Minister Anthony Loke on Monday (Aug 19), Youth and Sports Minister Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman said in a Twitter post. The youth minister, who met Makarim last month, said the super-app’s entry into Malaysia would help create thousands of opportunities for motorcyclists and owners of small businesses. In the caption, he wrote: “Good news after a meeting with Tun M and Minister Anthony”. Following successful launches in Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand (and a failed attempt in the Philippines), the app has been mulling a Malaysia entry since January this year, Reuters reported. The minister said Go-Jek’s proposal had been accepted and would be discussed in an upcoming Cabinet meeting on Wednesday (Aug 21). “Motorcyclists want jobs, not just one-off programs or race tracks,” he added. “Don’t underestimate their contributions to the country.” Go Jek, which began in 2011 as a ride-hailing service, has since developed into a one-stop app where users can order… Read full this story
- 'Come back soon': coronavirus wreaks havoc on global tourism hotspots
- President Donald Trump says Chiefs coming “very soon”
- Netanyahu Says Extension of Sovereignty Over West Bank Will Come ‘as Soon as We Win’ Elections
- Anderson Silva: 'I Never Used Steroids,' Coming Back Soon!
- Ubisoft's New Avatar Game Is Not Coming Anytime Soon
- 5 Montgomery Area Open Houses Coming Up Soon
- 5 Doylestown Area Open Houses Coming Up Soon
- Billie Eilish's brother Finneas confirms James Bond theme will come out 'real soon'... as they prepare for 'special' Oscars performance
- Key impeachment witness Alexander Vindman expects to leave White House post in coming weeks, source says
- Malaysia stripped of Paralympic swimming event over Israel ban
Go-Jek might be coming to Malaysia soon: Syed Syaddiq have 330 words, post on www.businessinsider.sg at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.