Sports Direct was thrown into fresh crisis after its auditor Grant Thornton resigned, casting doubt over the retailer’s future as a listed company if it fails to find a replacement. The auditor is understood to have told Sports Direct last night that it was severing ties after more than a decade scrutinising its finances. The news leaves Sports Direct scrambling to find a new auditor from September 11 when Grant Thornton will formally dump its obligations. The shares tumbled 10pc, or 24p, to 213p. The high street giant has asked the Government what the next steps are if it cannot draft in a new firm, the Financial Times reported. Business secretary Andrea Leadsom has the power to appoint an… To continue reading this article Start your free trial of Premium Access all Premium articles Subscriber-only events Cancel any time Free for 30 days then only £2 per week Try Premium Access one Premium article per week Register for free We’re glad you’re enjoying The Telegraph Register or subscribe to continue readingAlready a subscriber? Log in Register Free One free Premium article per week Newsletters and daily briefings Register Subscribe 30 days free, then £2 per week Unlimited access to Premium articles Subscriber-only newsletters Exclusive subscriber events… Read full this story
- Sports Direct appoints new auditor after split with Grant Thornton
- Stunned shopper returns home to find a Hermes delivery driver had left her bulky Sports Direct package 'hidden' under her doormat
- Grant Thornton predicts Cork will tap more business as multinationals expand
- Fresh Protests Rock Lebanon After Christian Party Quits Government
- Grant Williams comes up big in Celtics' home-opening victory
- Even Manchester City would struggle with our defensive crisis – Farke
- Was Kawhi Leonard's buzzer beater the best game killer in sports history?
- Sports Bullying: ESPN Donates More Than $1M To Combat It
- Barca-Real Madrid clash postponed amid Catalan crisis, set for Dec. 18
- Delhi cabinet approves setting up of 'Sports University': Arvind Kejriwal
Fresh crisis at Sports Direct after auditor Grant Thornton quits have 325 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.