By Ann Schmidt Published August 23, 2019 Real Estate FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print video The refinances are terrific, people have more money, Walmart is proof: Dolly Lenz Dolly Lenz Real Estate CEO Dolly Lenz and Dolly Lenz Real Estate Managing Director Jenny Lenz on the impact of the decline in mortgage rates on the housing market. If you think buying a fixer-upper house is going to save you money, think again, one survey says. Continue Reading Below Porch.com recently published a survey on turnkey homes versus fixer-uppers and found that even when fixer-upper homeowners stay within their budget, they end up spending about as much as homeowners who purchased a move-in ready house, on average. On average, people who purchased a move-in ready home spent about $250,496, while fixer-upper buyers within their budget ended up spending about $246,891 in total. Meanwhile, fixer-upper homebuyers who went over budget actually spent approximately $25,000 more than turnkey homebuyers, the survey found. Their total spending ended up being about $275,741. MORE ON FOXBUSINESS.COM… COULD RESURGENCE OF RISKY MORTGAGES CAUSE ANOTHER FINANCIAL CRISIS? HERE ARE THE BEST, WORST FLORIDA CITIES TO RETIRE IN: REPORT According to the survey, the average purchase price of a… Read full this story
- Fixer Upper's Chip and Joanna Gaines Are Launching a Lifestyle Magazine
- 'Fixer Upper' stars Chip and Joanna Gaines talk faith, family and fame
- HGTV stars reveal they 'were broke' before 'Fixer Upper' fame
- 'Fixer Upper' star Joanna Gaines reveals husband Chip's big parenting mistake
- Chip and Joanna Gaines talk 'Fixer Upper' success
- 'Fixer Upper's' Chip Gaines: My faith 'changed everything'
- Large, Upper Rockridge Home Has In-Law Quarters
- Under $800,000: Single Family Upper Rockridge Home
- Upper Rockridge Home Welcomes You With Style
- Would a Premier League pay cut really cost the government £200m?
Fixer-upper or move-in ready home? Which one really costs more have 294 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at August 23, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.