By Rachel Tesler Published August 19, 2019 Retail FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print video Impossible Foods partners with OSI Group to tackle strong demand Impossible Foods’ Sheetal Shah on the company’s partnership with OSI Group in an effort to expand production and the company’s continued efforts to improve the quality and nutrition of its products. Kroger is adding plant-based egg alternative Just Egg to shelves at 2,100 stores across the country, just as Canadian favorite coffee chain Tim Hortons announced it is testing Just Egg on its menu at select locations. Continue Reading Below The product, made from mung bean protein, canola oil, onion puree and turmeric, imitates the taste and texture of real eggs. Tim Hortons joins other fast food chains that are satiating consumers’ cravings for non-animal proteins like plant-based burgers. SelectTim Hortons locations are substituting typical animal products like chicken eggs with replacements like Just Egg on their breakfast sandwiches. MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM… BEYOND MEAT BURGER SUCH A HIT AT CARL’S JR., THE FAST-FOOD CHAIN IS DOING THIS IMPOSSIBLE BURGER MAKERS HAVE SOMETHING FISHY ON TAP According to the chain, three tablespoons of Just Egg is equivalent to one chicken egg and provides five grams of plant-based protein. Typically, one whole egg… Read full this story
- Vegan sneakers set to be next plant-based craze in 2020
- Bringing Christmas cheer to vegans! Woolworths launches a plant-based range - complete with a $12 'roast' and a $14 pudding made with brandy
- First fast food chain sells plant-based burgers in Singapore
- Revealed: The key diet trend predictions for 2020 - including plant-based 'everything', banana flour and pastas made from legumes
- IFF shares sink on expensive plant-based meat bet with Dupont
- 48-year-old vegan says she looks better than she did in her 20s and that it’s all thanks to her plant-based diet
- Vegan, 48, says people think she's in her 20s 'all thanks to plant-based diet'
- Kavin Bharti Mittal's fitness mantra: 60% plant-based foods, no dairy or sodas
- How Yoga and Plant-Based Foods Helped This Woman Lose 95 Pounds
- Plant ideas; veganism in Coimbatore
Eggless eggs are next in plant-based craze have 343 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.