By Henry Fernandez Published August 14, 2019 Recession FOXBusiness Facebook Twitter Comments Print video Is a recession really imminent? Art Laffer’s take Art Laffer, former Reagan economist, explains what should and should not cause recession fears. U.S. stocks plunged Wednesday on the inverted Treasury yield curve and growing trade fears, as Wall Street worried about a recession. Continue Reading Below But former Reagan economic adviser Art Laffer said a recession may not be imminent because he doesn’t see the Trump administration’s deviating from its economic policies, which are the root behind an economic decline. “Recessions are caused by policy actions and they can occur in taxes, they can occur in spending, they can occur in regulation, they can occur in monetary policy and they can occur because of trade policy,” he said on “Making Money.” MORE FROM FOXBUSINESS.COM JANET YELLEN TO WALL STREET: A RECESSION IS UNLIKELY RECESSION INDICATOR BLARES LOUDEST WARNING SINCE 2007: HOW WILL FED RESPOND? RECESSION INDICATOR WITH PERFECT TRACK RECORD FLASHING RED However, Laffer warned that the uncertainty of the ongoing trade war between the world’s two largest economies will continue to have a major impact on the U.S. markets and the global economy. “I don’t see any… Read full this story
- The Art of Saying Goodbye to ‘Toy Story,’ ‘Dragon’ Series
- 'It's hurting everyone': the truth about sexual misconduct in the art world
- Can Bogotá's state-sanctioned street art survive a crackdown by the new mayor?
- Turner Contemporary joins the regional arts charge
- New Haight center celebrates poster art
- Picture perfect: how to make an art of your investments
- Arts and culture being 'systematically removed from UK education system'
- Ulay v Marina: how art's power couple went to war
- Turner prize winners Assemble: 'Art? We're more interested in plumbing'
- Art to inspire: Ali Smith, Alain de Botton and others on the works they love
Economist Art Laffer says US recession may not be imminent have 318 words, post on www.foxbusiness.com at August 14, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.