Duterte open to creation of MNLF regionPresident Rodrigo Duterte is open to the creation of a regional government for the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF), his top peace adviser said on Tuesday. In a press conference in Malacañang, Presidential Adviser on Peace Process Carlito Galvez Jr. said they would study Duterte’s proposal if it was “applicable.” “That is the presidential guidance and we will look into it,” Galvez told reporters when asked about the creation of another regional government.He added that they would also look into the possibility of appointing an MNLF member as deputy chief minister of the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). “Titignan po natin kasi nakikita po natin na ‘yung (We will look into this because we see that the) BARMM is subdivided. Meron tayong tinatawag na (We have what we call) deputy for the mainland, and then deputy for Lanao, and then deputy for the Basulta (Basilan, Sulu and Tawi-Tawi) area. And I believe ‘yung MNLF na Misuari group, they are more predominant [in] the Basulta area,” Galvez said, referring toGalvez said he would meet with Misuari on Wednesday, but refused to give further details on what they would talk about. The President had… Read full this story
- The Huddle 2020 | Regional integration pegged to SAARC revival, says Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Duterte wants to break up with the US military. What does that mean for Australia?
- People Talk: On clamour for regional security outfits (3)
- VK Krishna Menon opposed creation of Kerala: Jairam Ramesh
- Open Meals is teleporting 3D-printed sushi to the ends of the earth
- The little-known Australian region that is suddenly famous as tourism interest surges by a staggering 400 percent - so what makes it so special?
- Doctors say Peel medical centres under threat as rural pathway GPs set to be forced out of region
- 'Every pore on my body opened': British victim describes what it's like to have coronavirus as he's treated in Japan after catching virus on infection-riddled ship the Diamond Princess as two other passengers DIE
- Turkey Plans to Re-Open Northern Cyprus Ghost Town of Varosha
- Perth Festival opening week showcases nationwide resurgence of Indigenous art, theatre and music
Duterte open to creation of MNLF region have 366 words, post on www.manilatimes.net at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.