Updated 5:52 pm CDT, Tuesday, August 13, 2019 FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Police have arrested 58 airline catering workers for blocking intersections near American Airlines’ headquarters during a protest over low pay. The protest Tuesday was organized by Unite Here, which represents 11,000 workers at the catering company LSG Sky Chefs. The union says one in four workers who provide food for American Airlines flights earns less than $12 per hour. The union is pressuring American, Delta and United to pay more to catering companies so they can improve pay and benefits. American says it’s not part of the negotiations, but it’s confident Sky Chefs and the union will reach an agreement with better terms for employees. A Fort Worth police spokesman says the people arrested were fined $274 each for violating a city code against obstructing streets and sidewalks.
- FLC proposes new airline catering service processing area
- Anganwadi workers stage protests across Karnataka
- 'Health worker' arrested over 8 baby 'murders' trained at Liverpool Women's
- Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of the murder of eight babies at hospital and attempted murder of six more
- Female health worker arrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies at Chester hospital
- Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murder of eight babies
- Healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murdering eight babies at hospital
- Tea workers stage protest, reiterate demand to hike daily wages
- Hundreds of former Wrightbus workers hold protest outside church
- UK healthcare worker arrested on suspicion of murder of eight babies
Dozens of airline catering workers arrested during protest have 245 words, post on www.mysanantonio.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.