Julie Hinds Detroit Free Press Published 9:19 PM EDT Aug 28, 2019 The Detroit Youth Choir sang Tuesday on “America’s Got Talent” that it is ”invincible, unbreakable, unstoppable, unshakeable.” America agrees. The NBC reality competition revealed on Wednesday’s episode that the singing group will compete in the semifinal round. The young Motor City performers earned their spot through a viewer vote. The two semifinal episodes will air on back-to-back Tuesdays, Sept. 3, and Sept. 10, with results episodes on Wednesdays, Sept. 4 and Sept. 11. The choir was the first act to be declared safe on last night’s show. After ”AGT” host Terry Crews announced that they were advancing, choir director Anthony T. White started an onstage chant of ”Dee-troit! Dee-troit! Dee-troit!” As they did back in June with their initial appearance on the show, the 52 singers from Detroit impressed the audience and judges Tuesday with their inspiring version of “The Champion,” a Carrie Underwood song featuring Ludacris. The group has earned fans across the country — and has gotten some pretty impressive support on social media. Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan shared his praise Tuesday, posting on Twitter that the choir “represented themselves and our city incredibly” on the show. “Dare you not to move your feet and feel moved by watching the performance,”… Read full this story
- Eurozone youth unemployment reaches record high of 24.4%
- Inside Kanye West’s Album (and Film) Premiere in Detroit
- A Berlin club owner's mission to give back to Detroit, the city that gave Europe techno
- US Open ’19: Teenager Reaches Women’s Semis, Matteo Set To Face Nadal
- Dancing With The Stars: Joe Amabile and Juan Pablo Di Paco exit during semifinals double elimination
- ICC World Cup 2019: World champs falling at semifinals: A new trend since Australian treble
- Dutee hopes to reach finals in World C'ships
- Marriott and SF hotel workers reach agreement to end strike
- Amritsar youth shot dead in the U.S.
- Holidays a high-risk time for youth suicide with children away from school, social routines
Detroit Youth Choir reaches 'AGT' semifinals have 333 words, post on eu.freep.com at August 27, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.