England’s victory in the Cricket World Cup has sent the sale of corporate hospitality packages soaring, according to a leading Kent-based hospitality firm.
Hospitality Finder, based in Maidstone, says sales since the thrilling final on July 14 – which saw England win in the most dramatic style after a ‘super over’ against New Zealand – shot up 65% in the remainder of the month, compared to the same time last year.
The game received a massive boost with the match being shown on free-to-air TV in the UK – pulling in millions of additional viewers.
It came as England began their quest to regain the Ashes against old foe Australia – the third Test of which gets under way today.
Mike Dunderdale, managing director of Hospitality Finder – which hires big names in the sport as ambassadors to mingle with guests – said: “Our cricket hospitality packages have always been extremely popular, thanks to our many ambassadors.
“I’m not surprised sales increased significantly off the back of the success of the England cricket team.
“It was such a fantastic and exciting event which as proven drew a huge audience.”
Launched in 2004, Hospitality Finder is the fastest-growing independent hospitality company in the UK offering official hospitality across the biggest sporting events.
- Gin-gle all the way: Spirit-making craze sends berry sales soaring
- Squid sales soar following success of Netflix series
- Online gift package specialists 'Dont Buy Her Flowers' drive sales up by 600 percent
- Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals live score over Match 40 T20 16 20 updates | Cricket News
- Ex-Pakistan Cricketer Inzamam-ul-Haq Suffers Heart Attack, Undergoes Angioplasty in Hospital
- 2021 T20 World Cup Countdown Gets Underway In Presence Of Sourav Ganguly And Other Officials | Cricket News
- Supermarket shoppers start festive stock-piling with Christmas pud sales up 45% and frozen turkeys up 409%
- Female cricketers get pay rise as Cricket Australia strives for 'genuine parity'
- Pandemic sends Wetherspoons plunging to record £154m loss
- Two more COVID deaths in the Hunter, cases continue to soar
- ‘Succession’ Season 3 Is as Great as You Hoped (And Will Make You Hate the Roys)
- Trump stumbles over name of Indian cricket legend, but marches on during grand state visit
- 7 Successful Sales Tactics and Why They Work
- Chip crisis crimps German, UK car sales but electric up
- Pret a changer? Britain's ubiquitous sandwich chain seeks a new recipe for success
- 5 Cognitive Biases Blocking Your Success
- 10 eps showing the shape-shifting comedy genius of Childrens Hospital
- When hospitals run out of beds, here's how they ration care
- Meesho gears up for bigger e-commerce play, takes on Flipkart, Amazon in festive sales
- Malaysian father writes book in hospital ward while accompanying sick child
Cricket success sends hospitality sales soaring have 426 words, post on www.kentonline.co.uk at August 22, 2019. This is cached page on Business News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.