The Associated Press Published 3:36 PM EDT Aug 25, 2019 Grand Rapids – Police arrested two people Saturday and shut down the afterparty of a race billed as the Margarita Madness 5K. Grand Rapids Police Sgt. Dan Adams tells WOOD-TV that officers called a halt to the event after learning alcohol was being illegally served. Adams says that state regulators denied event organizers’ request for a liquor license. Margarita Madness 5K is promoted as a race in which participants receive a margarita at the finish line. Police say one person associated with the organization was arrested on the liquor violation. Another was arrested for trying to interfere with the first arrest. Neither was identified. A request for comment sent by email Sunday to the Los Angeles-based organization was not immediately answered. Police allowed runners to finish the race but prohibited the post-run party.
- Gangster who died in a hail of bullets called himself 'The Mad Leb' and was mentored by one of the country's most feared prison enforcers - as his son returns to scene of shooting with a bloody leg wound
- Kourtney Kardashian's daughter Penelope, 7, models a $1.5K Gucci coat when spending time with aunt Khloe... but the luxury item is only one of many
- 'Crime against humanity': Greta Thunberg demands world leaders end the 'madness' of investing in fossil fuels ahead of Davos climate summit
- SUV flees cops, takes out Navy fighter jet
- Ariana Grande sarcastically says she won't be dating 'for the rest of this year' or her 'life'... after Pete Davidson split
- Mads Mikkelsen Still Up For More Hannibal
- Ariana Grande is the right person to lead Manchester’s Pride party
- Busting out! Former Miss Universe Australia Renae Ayris flaunts ample assets and shapely derriere at Virgin Australia AFL grand final party
- The Hilarious Reason January Jones Didn't Have a Bingo-Themed Birthday Party
- Real Housewives Of Atlanta reunion: NeNe Leakes gets mad at Porsha Williams after skipping her baby shower: 'It's b**ch time!'
Cops: No partying after Grand Rapids’ Margarita Madness 5K have 328 words, post on eu.detroitnews.com at August 25, 2019. This is cached page on Business Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.